North Country business owners continue to show more optimism in the local economy than the national outlook.
The 2014 Business Confidence Index, released as part of the North Country Chamber of Commerce Annual Issue Survey, is listed at 92 percent, compared to 90 percent last year.
The survey found 58 percent of business owners believe business will increase, and 34 percent expect it to remain steady.
Only 25 percent of those same business owners expect the national economy to improve, while 33 percent believe it will get worse. READ MORE...
County gets no bids for airport hotel
Legislators will revamp the specifications for the project and try again.
College to host Regional Business Plan contest
Volunteer judges with financial expertise are sought for the March 29 event.
Vermont towns oppose IP pipeline
Two communities and one agency voted against the spur that would cross the lake and serve the Ticonderoga mill, but the results are nonbinding.
Radio Shack to close up to 1,100 stores
The company has not announced which ones, but it has four stores in the tri-county region.
Horace Nye sale closer
One key issue is still holding up the transfer of Horace Nye Nursing Home to a private buyer.
Bayside Chimney and Stoves expands
Owner Duane Bibeau has acquired the assets of Adirondack Chimney Service.
Chateaugay prison top topic at forum
State lawmakers at the annual North Country Chamber breakfast also talked about health care and bringing in another on-time budget.
Home-health-care agency expanding
Rochester company is starting home nursing services in Essex, Franklin, St. Lawrence and Hamilton counties.
- Colin Read: Divisions in society impede progress
- Paul Grasso: Welfare should be a safety net
- Colin Read: Political class seeks to divide
- Colin Read: Fighting poverty requires inclusive effort
- Paul Grasso: Programs may be obstacles to work
- Colin Read: Major changes needed for future of city
- County gets no bids for airport hotel
- Clinton Co. moving forward with airport hotel
- Historic Hotel Saranac restoration looks to details
- Historic hotel renovation starts
- Hotel on Lake Flower begins village review
- Super 8 to be Red Roof Inn
- Hotel Saranac closes as sale nears
- County seeks hotel development for airport
- Frozen yogurt store coming to Consumer Square
- Iron Chef contestant checks in on SUNY Plattsburgh eatery
- Plattsburgh Brewing Company now open
- Food Bites: Feb. 23, 2014
- Dunkin' Donuts in new Good Guys convenience
- Downtown Plattsburgh business landscape changes
- Chefy's Bar and Grill fills long-vacant spot
- Dana's Downtown Grill open in city