The rapid expansion of rail shipments of crude oil across New York to coastal refineries including from the Canadian border through the North Country is raising safety and environmental concerns.
New York officials asked the Environmental Protection Agency on Monday to update a contingency plan for dealing with oil spills amid the rapid expansion of rail shipments of crude oil from North Dakota across New York to coastal refineries.
A review of crude oil rail safety ordered by Gov. Andrew Cuomo in January found immediate action was needed by the EPA to update contingency plans and develop response plans for environmentally sensitive areas, Martens said. READ MORE...
Carter's clothing store opens today at Consumer Square
The children's clothing shop opens today in Plattsburgh.
Laurentian eyes PARC property
The company has a purchase option on the former flight-simulator building owned by Plattsburgh Airbase Redevelopment Corp.
Clinton County rejects labor restriction for airport expansion
Unions had sought Project Labor Agreement for major airport expansion.
Family Dollar to close some stores
No word on fate of North Country operations.
Akwesasne economic status reviewed
Consultant's efforts will include survey of residents.
Vt. board supports IP gas spur
Addison County Regional Planning Commission votes to endorse a natural gas pipeline that would serve IP's Ti mill.
Cape Air to start New York area flights
Airline plans daily service between Adirondack Regional Airport and Westchester County Airport in White Plains starting in June.
Atlantic City flights to launch in Plattsburgh
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City will offer monthly charters starting April 23.
- Paul Grasso: Several options exist for downtown
- Colin Read: Government can't create success on its own
- Colin Read: Tax could limit high-frequency trading
- Paul Grasso: Arts may boost business
- Colin Read: Corporate model has benefits
- Colin Read: Governor takes aim at property tax
- Bed-tax bill goes to state lawmakers again
- City sets hearing, vote on zoning change
- County gets no bids for airport hotel
- Clinton Co. moving forward with airport hotel
- Historic Hotel Saranac restoration looks to details
- Historic hotel renovation starts
- Hotel on Lake Flower begins village review
- Super 8 to be Red Roof Inn
- Frozen yogurt store coming to Consumer Square
- Iron Chef contestant checks in on SUNY Plattsburgh eatery
- Plattsburgh Brewing Company now open
- Food Bites: Feb. 23, 2014
- Dunkin' Donuts in new Good Guys convenience
- Downtown Plattsburgh business landscape changes
- Chefy's Bar and Grill fills long-vacant spot
- Dana's Downtown Grill open in city